Total Pageviews


The best way to report a UFO is to access the MUFON web site at mufon.com. You will be directed to a form. It is important to fill this out as completely as possible. All of the questions provide vital clues in the ongoing research in UFOs. If you choose to remain anonymous your identiy will be a closely guraded secret within MUFON.
For the last several years I have been a Field Investigator for The Mutual UFO Network in Indiana. In this blog I would like to present some of the more interesting cases and the phenomena that that is observed in Indiana. The UFO phenomenon is actually a variety of Phenomena some of which are understood and some that aren't. In addition to the vast number of mistaken naturally occurring events in the sky and the hoaxes there are also some things that have a natural explanation that is not yet understood. There are also intelligently controlled craft that have no conventional explanation.

Here I will discuss the cases that were easily explained, those that turned out to be hoaxes and those that remain mysterious. Occasionally I will offer my own theories.

Sunday, October 24, 2010

IFOs

A frequent UFO report describes a luminous object performing tight maneuvers at night. The lights on the object do not conform to the red and green navigation lights and white landing lights of normal aircraft and the maneuvers appear to be too radical for an air craft piloted by a human being. Yet a relatively new mn made aircraft can account for this kind of report. The availability of bright, lightweight. LEDs has been embraced by radio controlled aircraft hobbyists. Most have equipped their model aircraft with navigation and landing lights in precise scale. A few. however, have installed very bright LEDs in unusual configuration on their models creating an anomalous appearance. These can be reported as UFOs by a casual observer who may be unaware that they are observing a radio controlled model.

RC hobbyists often fly their models at night now that light weight lighting is available. The models perform maneuvers in scale to their size which appear to be,, and in fact are, impossible for a manned aircraft. Of course RC aircraft must remain in the immediate vicinity of the controller on the ground to maintain line of sight and radio range.

An example of this kind of UFO appearing RC plane can be seen at the following link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOo3FIS4q-g

©2010 David A. Henninger

1 comment:

  1. David, I am writing this as I read in your blog that you have an ongoing research into the topic of OBOLs and that they are common in Indiana. On a clear Aug. night in 2008 I observed an OBOL for 1 to 2 mins. hovering at treetop height. It was not large, but larger than basketball size. I recall wondering if anyone/being could be inside It as they would have had to be smaller than me (I'm 5' 3" - I have since come to understand that there may be physics that human beings may not yet know). It was totally lit from inside and emitted an orange glow that cast an orange light on surroundings including my house, me and the area where I stood - everything. It seemed to be a physically structured object. It made no sound. I did not feel any fear at the time, but was very excited about what I was witnessing! I spoke aloud to it "what are you, what do you want?" No response. Then it smoothly moved off to the west at a moderate speed. I thought that perhaps I had surprised it by coming outside at that time (approximately 11:25 p.m.). I had been at my computer and was getting sleepy when I decided to turn turn the computer off and go outside. My dog was whimpering, but that did not seem extraordinary. I am writing this as I see many OBOLs described as orange "balls of fire". What I saw was not firey - just a luminous structured ball of orange light. There were no observable openings or windows - it appeared to be self contained. Its movement, from hover to gliding off, seemed to be under intelligent control. There was no odor, heat, or motion. I looked for other objects in the sky and elsewhere at the time but saw nothing. No one lived next door, east or west at the time. The following spring I noticed the maple tree which would have been near/below the object has, leaves on one half (west side) that appear normal in size and color while the other half (east side) are smaller in size and a more yellow-green color - I do not know if that has anything to do with the OBOL or no and no tests were ever performed on it. (I mentioned this to Stewart Hill and he thought the tree probably had been spliced. However the leaves were all the same until this incident and I don't believe it to have been spliced). The object did not seem to me to be of biological composition but rather physically "structured." This was a life altering experience for me and am determined to learn the truth about what they are.

    January 6, 2014 at 12:03 PM

    ReplyDelete